Friday, August 8, 2014

Not Enough

I've found myself complaining a lot during this second round of Jordan being gone. And I'm realizing that my complaints are always in the form of "not enoughs."

Not enough...

Hands.
Time.
Energy.
Sleep.
Help.
Margin.
Babysitters.
Patience.

All things I cannot get more of to achieve "enough." I will never have enough time. I will never have more than two hands. Even if more patience was heaped upon me, it would not be enough. I could hire babysitters all day every day and it would not be the right kind of "enough." {Even if Jordan was home, as amazing as he is, he would not be enough.}

But there is One who can provide me with enough. And is enough. But only as I decrease and die to my desires to have more {time, energy, sleep, help, etc.}

He must increase, and I must decrease.

Too bad I'm just now slowing down enough to realize this in the FIFTH week. But thank you, Jesus, that it is the fifth week and not the eighth.

Jesus, all I need is Jesus.

* He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30 *

* O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you. My soul thirsts for you, my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water! Psalm 63:1 *


No comments:

Post a Comment