Friday, January 12, 2018

Prayer Sticks

So we have a jar of popsicle sticks on our dining room table.  
Each stick has a name, event, worry or concern, for whom we'd like to pray.
We draw one stick out at dinner every night and pray for whatever the stick says.  
And every single night, my toddler loses his ever loving mind over these popsicle sticks and thinks he needs to hold one and stir his food with it and put it in his mouth or up his noise or WHATEVER.  And I basically find myself losing my cool over these prayer sticks and firmly suggesting that my children PLEASE PRAY FASTER so we can put them away.  

Yup.  True confessions.  
It maybe happened tonight.

I think the prayer sticks might go on a little vacation.  
We can come up with ideas without them.

#facepalm
#graceupongrace

{Where the ideal is lacking, grace abounds.}
  

No comments:

Post a Comment