Monday, August 20, 2012

changes

Change #1 - I went back to work today after a perfect and glorious maternity leave of one week short of one year. It is bittersweet. I'm excited to be back at work doing something I really like... but I am also leaving the little one I love behind. I am comforted, however, by the fact that she gets to be home with her "da-da-da" and I just know they have all kinds of fun together. I am also loving the fact that I'm home by noon each day. Today the day flew by... and although I love mommy-land, sometimes I fear bedtime will never come!

Change #2 - Emberly is walking. Walking! I cannot even believe I'm saying that. In typical Emberly fashion, she doesn't usually attempt something until she's sure she'll master it... or so it seems. She didn't roll over until she was 8-ish months old... and once she did she started rolling and crawling and standing in the same week! Well... last Monday the 13th, she couldn't walk and hadn't even attempted one unassisted step. She didn't really even want us to hold onto her hands and walk with her (although she walked along the walls and cupboards and couch and such by herself.) We took her one-year pictures that day and she wouldn't even stand up in the yard unassisted. On Tuesday she started taking 5-10 unassisted steps on her own, and by Wednesday she was walking wherever she wanted to go, standing up in the middle of the floor when she fell down and going all over the place. Now she doesn't just walk... she full out speeds. We keep saying this... but this time I mean it... Our lives will never be the same!

It feels like there are other big changes in life right now too... but they're the kind of changes that don't have words... you know? :)

So I'm off to bed to get some rest before a full day of meetings tomorrow.

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment