Friday, February 15, 2013

Florida

We did it. We went on vacation. It was oh-so-lovely. Disney was great and all, but 80+ degree weather and sleeping in and swimming and hot tubs in the rain and solo time with Jordan were the highlights.

And thank you modern technology for FaceTime so I could see sweet Emberly's little face each day. I didn't doubt she was having a blast with both of her grandmas, but it just felt good to see her smiling face and know she didn't even miss us.

I did miss her, but was pleasantly surprised at how nice it felt to just be taking care of myself for a change. Plus I'm kind of in love with that guy I married, and it felt good to just be the uninterrupted two of us.

And now we are on the Florida city bus heading to the airport. It will be a long day of travel, with the sweet little prize of having Em in my arms when we get home. And can I just say I'm kinda excited to sleep in my own bed again too?




No comments:

Post a Comment