Tuesday, July 16, 2013

40 weeks

Dear Life,

Today is my due date, and instead of feeling over ripe, like I did with Miss Emberly, I have an almost week old baby! Can't say that I mind. :)

Miss Piper is doing fantastic - I have a birth story written and some pictures to post, but I haven't quite gotten myself together enough to do that yet. My "spare" moments when I'm not feeding Piper are spent cuddling and loving and distracting and disciplining and encouraging miss Emberly. And when they both happen to be sleeping at the same time, I am too.

Piper is eating every two or so hours during the day and every 3-4 at night. She sleeps all the time and seems to be pretty chill. I hope the trend continues while my body is still recovering and we are all adjusting to life as four. At our lactation appointment yesterday, Miss Piper received high marks, already surpassing her birth weight at 6 lbs and 8 oz. The lactation consultant was quite impressed, and we were too. Way to go, Piper!

Emberly seems to be adjusting nicely to being a big sister. The day we came home from the hospital was a little rough - Em cried every time Piper did, and I felt incredibly conflicted, wanting to love on E extra since I had been gone, not wanting her to be jealous, and obviously needing to feed and care for Piper, but it's only gotten better since then. Now Emberly wants to give lots of hugs and kisses to Piper and share everything with her. Whenever Jordan is trying to distract her away from us so I can feed her or whatever, she says, "baby too? mommy too?" :) She loves her little "dady pepper."

Now Em is napping and Piper is full and this mama is going to try to catch a few zzzz's quick.







No comments:

Post a Comment