Friday, March 28, 2014

Yay Friday!

We made it to Friday of the first week Jordan has been gone. Praise. the. Lord.

In some ways, it has been better than I dared to hope. The first few days especially. Everything was going so smoothly... but then the door on the van broke and I realized how very close to the surface my emotions were. I know it's silly, but I was especially worried that I'd have car trouble while Jordan was gone. And then I did. 3 days in. I feel so incredibly inferior when it comes to car decisions.

But guess what. The van door part that was broken was covered under some sort of extended manufacturer warranty that I didn't even know we had. No decisions to be made! Such a blessing!

So we continue to be plugging away one day at a time. The hardest part of my day is finding a way to feed Piper. She is so distracted by all things Emberly, so would like to nurse in complete silence. Without complete silence there is the potential for biting. Not ok. Unfortunately, this means E has been watching quite a bit of Caillou when I need to nurse.

Today an amazingly dear friend stopped at my house with an armload of new toys to borrow in boxes that I can pull out just when I need to nurse. I almost cried. Oh, and a little starbucks treat and new scarf! And earlier that morning my sister-in-law stopped to visit and brought some starbucks liquid gold as well! My friends know the way to my heart! ;)

I'm extremely humbled by how thoughtful people have been already in the 6 days Jordan has been gone with phone calls, texts, grocery deliveries, treats, offers to watch my children, etc. Sigh. So very thankful.

That's all for now! Off to cuddle a teething baby, feed a hungry two-year old, and fold laundry. All at the same time ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment