Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Today was lovely.  

Jordan let me sleep in.
The girls brought me breakfast in bed and then crawled in and ate what they brought me. 
They sang me Happy Birthday several times (because there's no Mother's Day song).
We picked up food car-side to go for lunch. 
We ate cupcakes.
I napped for an hour and a half.
Jordan folded and put away the four loads of laundry I washed yesterday and never quite got around to finishing.
I made my mama's meatballs and gravy for dinner and they turned out for the first time in my life. 
We played outside most of the afternoon. 
My busy little "no cuddles, no books, just put me in bed" Piper let me read her books AND snuggle her at bedtime tonight.
Emberly didn't throw a bedtime tantrum and was giggling and shouting "I love you" when I tucked her in tonight.
I got a new sewing pattern. 
We went for a family walk (with girls in the stroller... the best kind).
Jordan washed all of the dishes from the whole day. 
And I took a bath. 

Could it get any better than that? 

I vote no.




No comments:

Post a Comment