Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Gray Gray

Grayson is a whopping 7 days old today and we celebrated with a weight check at the lactation clinic. Little man is a GREAT eater... already back to his birth weight today, rocking a solid 8 lb. and 0.5 oz. 



He's been sleeping well already... usually giving me a solid 4-5 hour stretch from 8pm-12/1am and then every 3 or so hours after that. Not bad, little buddy!



During the day he sleeps and sleeps and graces us with beautiful steely blue eyes for a few sessions in the morning and afternoon. He is as chill as can be and his big sisters LOVE holding him and kissing him and bringing him colored pictures and toys and anything mama needs. 



Piper is just oh-so-gentle and tender and I can tell her heart just hurts whenever she hears Grayson make the tiniest little peep. I usually hear the frantic pitter patter of her feet anytime he cries as she rushes to bring me a pacifier. (Thankfully she hasn't decided that she deserves that little paci again and it's been only for the "little baby.") :) 


Both girls refer to him as Gray or Baby Gray Gray, and it melts me. Emberly is also rocking the big sister thing again, though slightly less interested in all things little man than Piper is. This is old territory to her. :) That being said, she has had a few tough days of adjusting... but we are hoping that is entirely due to a lingering cold and coming down from the holiday crazies and weeks of sickness in our house. Either way, she's been super helpful as well, and seems like such a big kid to me suddenly. 


The days all blur together from this hazy sleep deprived state I've now entered into. I'm not expecting to emerge anytime soon. But I'm feeling just so very thankful to be in it with my rockstar husband and three precious little people. 
 






1 comment:

  1. What a sweetheart! I love all of his hair. And that Piper is such a little mama!

    ReplyDelete