Friday, September 23, 2011

First Date

We did it. We went on our first date since Emberly has arrived! We gave her a bath, fed her, and dropped her off at Grandpa and Grandma’s house. Then like silly kids we drove the van with the windows down, sunroof open, and music blaring to Johnny Carinos. We enjoyed a nice dinner and I only checked my phone 20-30 times in the 30 minutes we were at the restaurant to make sure Grandma didn’t need anything. :) As we were leaving though, we got a text saying Emberly was sleeping like an Angel. Ahhh, sigh… all is well. (As if I expected anything different!)

We had a little extra time before my sweet ticking time bomb would be hungry again, so we went to the mall and browsed a bit. Then, totally defying any sense of practicality we ordered a $7 piece of cheesecake from the Green Mill and picked it up Carside-to-Go to devour as our dessert! Yum.
All around it was a delightful evening, but I was ready to get back to check on Emberly. I’m thankful, however, for the undivided time with Jordan. I love just doing life with him, so I feel like we are always just living on a date, but I know as Emberly grows it will be important to make sure my time with him comes first. We wanted to be sure to set that pattern early. He’s pretty wonderful.

Now my sweet angel is tucked into bed, so it’s time for me to crash too. We sleep in 4 hour blocks these days, which is lovely and awful all at the same time. (Did I mention that Jordan scooped Emberly up and took her on an errand and to visit her Auntie Kendra this morning so I could sleep an extra hour? Ahhh… Lovely.) Anywho… goodnight and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment