Monday, June 4, 2012

Duluth

Dear Life,

We've been 12 kinds of busy lately and I am sooo thankful to be sitting at home with nothing other than laundry and grocery shopping and gardening and taking care of my sweet child and the other day-to-day stuff on my to-do list on this beautiful first week in June.

After arriving home from Colorado last week, we had a quick two-day turn around and Jordan, Emberly, and I packed up and drove to Silver Bay, MN (an hour north of Duluth) for my dear sister-in-law's wedding. It was an absolutely perfect day and their wedding was so nice. They got married in a log-cabin-y shelter at Gooseberry State Park with just a few guests and it was quaint and special and intimate and just lovely. Don't you love the flowers on the table??


We got there on Wednesday and the wedding wasn't until Saturday, so we had some family bonding time and got to do some little hikes in the state parks and share some meals together and hang out in the pool. We also had time to spend as our own little family and with some friends that we don't get to see often. It was a win of an adventure, for sure.





I wish I had taken more pictures... but alas, we forgot our camera so I only had my phone and I was busy chasing our mobile child around, making sure she didn't get injured with her all-body/half-brain abilities.

And now? I do believe sweet Emberly is teething. She spent an hour+ crying before her nap, slept about 20 minutes, and is now being rocked by her daddy... half sleeping and half wimpering in her sleep. We will bring on the tylenol if this continues. I thought she had sprouted a tooth this weekend and was so tickled that I didn't even notice she was teething... but upon closer investigation yesterday, I can see it hasn't broken through the skin. Bummer.

Anywho... I'm off to make a little lunch. Happy Monday!

Sincerely Yours,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment