Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Emotions

Dear Pregnancy Emotions,

Where in the world did you come from? I have to admit you caught me slightly off guard tonight when I got home from Costco to find sweet Emberly already tucked in and nearly burst into tears right then and there. But I held it together. Obviously not very well, though, because even Jordan suggested I go get Em and rock her a little bit. So I did. How is that for full-on emotional follow through? Getting my peaceful, nearly sleeping 19-month old out of her crib to rock? She looked at me all confused and then asked if we could read a book, so I of course said yes. And then weepily made my way through all 7 verses of the Itsy Bitsy Spider book while Em rested her head on my shoulder. She is just growing up way too fast. I need a "freeze time" button. When I asked Em if she wanted to rock a little after reading her the book she said "mope" and pointed to her bed and said "nigh-nigh." So, I tucked her in and and she went to sleep.

Sigh.

Ok pregnancy emotions. You can depart now, because you are scaring me a little.

Sincerely Yours,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment