Friday, November 29, 2013

4 Months

I'm struck again by how fast it goes. How even faster time has seemed to pass with Piper than it did when Emberly was small. Maybe because there are two and each day feels like a blur at the end. Or maybe because it's a little easier this time simply because I have a better idea of what to expect.

Whatever it is, I'd like to capture it in a little box. The sweet baby smell, fresh out of the bath, the little fingers floating up in the air to grab a dangling toy, the first time she rolled over (today!), the giggles and smiles, learning to blow raspberries and make new sweet baby coos, sitting in the bumbo and putting everything in her mouth.

She is my Piper and a new heart has grown for her. I'm deeply in love with this sweet babe and it makes me think all the more of our Father's love lavished on us.

This picture is old now... I had every intention of capturing 4 months in words with a picture too, and the words just never quite came.




Sweet Baby P is 14 lbs and 14 oz, 14.5 inches as of Monday. She is squarely in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. She fits perfectly in 3 month clothing, and may soon be moving up. She sleeps 10 or so hours through the night without waking most of the time, but occasionally nurses once in the early morning. She is precious and smiley and so much more content than her early newborn days. I am entirely smitten.


No comments:

Post a Comment