Thursday, January 23, 2014

Adventures of E & P

Piper is teething. She hasn't gotten any teeth yet, but I can see the bottom two coming in. She has the saddest little whine/whimper/cry thing going on. But when you pick her up she just wipes her little nose on you and smiles and blabs away. She is still nursing exclusively, on her command, with none of that imitation bottle stuff going on. Her request. She gets a little banana or avocado or rice cereal in the evenings, but it surely isn't a meal replacement. She is sitting up by herself... kinda sorta. If you count sitting up as bending over in half or tipping off to the side sitting up, that is. And she is comfortably wearing size 6 months clothes. She laughs and smiles at Emberly and her daddy all the time, and we are pretty in love with her.

Emberly is 2.5 going on 16. She uses all parts of speech correctly, referring to herself as "I" and all that jazz. And she is busy. Often saying "want to play with me?" or "will you come sit by me?" And is seriously the most polite two year old you will ever meet. Everyone comments on it. She says please and thank you and no thank you and "just don't care for that" when someone is bothering her. It is adorable. And awesome. And not by our doing, I'm sure. She rocks the bedtime bologna and now is using potty training in her rendition of "let's do everything I can possibly think of to get out of going to bed." She's had several successes on the potty, but we haven't actually tried to fully potty train her yet. I know I keep saying this, but that's next. I'm terrified. Not gonna lie.

E and I just started a homeschool preschool curriculum last week, and I am loving it so far. More about that later. So far we are learning the Creation Story and the letter X. Our week has been filled with treasure hunts where X marks the spot, and talking about how ultimately God's word is a treasure! :) love. love. love.

And... I think that is all! P gets six month shots on Monday. Who is excited? Uh... Not me. But I'll survive.

Now to balance out all these words, here are a million pixies...














































































































1 comment: