Thursday, January 30, 2014

Baby Piper

Sweet Baby Piper sprouted her first tooth this past week (bottom left).  She is still working on the bottom right... I have a feeling it is very close.  She was a little extra fussy, but overall, we hardly noticed.  Sweet baby.

She has been sitting up by herself quite a bit lately and seems insulted if we try to put her on her back.  {"Mooooom.  I can't see what is going on when you put me on my back.  I want to watch Emberly and laugh at all the crazy things she does."}

She is super smiley and happy and loveable... and is starting to let other people hold her and make her smile and laugh too.  It's all kinds of awesome.

She got her 6 month shots this last Monday and handled them like a pro.  Quick tears and then back to herself.  She took a long nap following the drama and was up the rest of the day... and then up quite a bit at night with a temp of 101.  Poor babe.  A little motrin settled her right down and she was back to herself the next day. 

I keep telling myself that she sleeps through the night (and really has since she's been about 2 months old, minus her month of illness)... but in reality, that means I still need to go stick the pacifier in her mouth one or twice at night.  We were going to fight the pacifier... but one little suck and she just falls asleep.  Like magic.  Who could hate that?? Plus I don't know that I really even wake up for the plug-in... so it hardly counts.  (Unless you are talking to Jordan... then be sure to let him know it is a major hardship and should allow me lots of awesome mom points and sleep-in days and spa trips and such...)  *wink wink*  And of course there is a night probably once a week or so that she thinks she's starving in the middle of the night.  But she goes right back to sleep.

She's been an awesome napper - so very different than her big sister.  But I think that is because we have a pretty rigid schedule in our house centered on Emberly's sleep routine that Piper just fell into the routine so much faster.  She always sleeps in her crib and just knows the routine so well.  Benefit of a second child I guess.  BUT... she does wake up a whole lot earlier than her big sister ever did too (E was always a 9 or 10am girl... Piper shoots for the 7:30-8am range.  Very consistently.)  I hear that I shouldn't complain about that after a full night of sleep though...  :)

She's a mover and a shaker.  Rolling over and trying to reach for things and super insulted if you take something away from her that she thinks is rightfully hers.  Crawling is not far off.  Oh my.


And this picture pretty much sums up my life. 
 

Yup.  True Love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment