Monday, April 28, 2014

17 days and counting...

This last weekend, Emberly went to the lake with my parents.  It's funny how you can miss someone like crazy and simultaneously feel entirely relieved at their absence.  :)  It was a peaceful weekend for the most part, in which Piper and I cleaned, went for walks after bedtime, wandered around Target, ate out, did laundry, and I worked on several sewing projects that have been on my list of things to-do for quite awhile.  I have this business venture floating around my head where I'd love to sew and sell baby items (like bibs, burp cloths, or whatever) and use the profit for an adoption fund.  (Maybe ours.  Maybe for a friend.  We still don't quite know how the Lord is leading.)  So I made a bunch of bibs and plan to set them out at our garage sale this summer... and if it goes well... maybe I'll try it on a larger level.  And if not... then I'll know!  Anyone need a drool bib??  ;)
 
 
 
 
In the midst of the relaxing, Piper and I made a 4am trip to the ER.  She has croup and was struggling to breathe.  Poor baby.  So we rushed over there and her breathing was really settled by the time we got there.  We were seen anyway, and they said that that happens all the time - the cool night air helps their breathing to even out.  Her vitals were normal, oxygen level at 98% and breathing was slightly elevated, so they let us go.  We came home around 6:30am, and I was super thankful to not have a toddler in the house that would wake up at 7am.  Piper slept until 8:30... but alas, my adrenaline was maybe kinda pumping, and I never did fall asleep.  Sigh.

 
But Sweet P is doing much better.  Emmy is back, and filled with her regular Emmy energy.  And we are continuing to count down the days until Jordan gets back.  It's 17 in case you were wondering.  And 14 until I get to fly down and go to graduation and bring him home!  :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment