Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Emmy the Reader

Emberly crawled into bed with her two books tonight and looked at me and said, "Mommy, tonight I will read the bedtime stories."

And she did.

She picked Blue Hat, Green Hat, which has obvious repetition and pictures that correspond exactly with the words. But she touched each word, read left to right, laughed appropriately, talked with me about what was going on mid-story, and was just spot. on.

Then she picked the Animal ABC book. People. She knew all but two letters of the alphabet!

It was just a few weeks ago that I blogged saying that she wasn't really interested in doing "school" with me. And she maybe still isn't. But she just reads and reads and pours over books and absorbs information by osmosis.

Makes my mama heart (and teacher heart) sing.





No comments:

Post a Comment