Monday, December 19, 2011

Thankful

Dear Life,

Today my heart is absolutely full to the brim with excitement for Christmas and thankfulness for the wonderful people in my life and love love love for my wonderful husband and precious baby girl. What makes the difference from my oh-so-crabby day yesterday you wonder? I'm ashamed to say that my time with the Lord has been lacking absent lately. I've prioritized stuff and a clean house and even being a good mom and a good wife over spending time with the Lord. These things aren't bad in themselves, but they aren't good in themselves either. Balance, balance, balance. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. More of Him and less of me.

Jordan and I have been memorizing Colossians 3 since... well... before Emberly was born. We are slooowly adding verses day by day. The first verses just hit me like a ton of bricks this morning though as I realized my priorities were all out of wack.

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on this earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:1-3)

Got it, Molly?? Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on this earth. Above above above.

So there. If I get crabby and icky again, feel free to Jesus check me. I need it every day.

Yours Truly,
Molly

PS - Other things that aided in my peachy day? 1- Emberly took a bottle again! YAY!!! 2- I got to run some errands while grandma babysat! YAY!!! 3- I bought some clothes that fit me well and actually are kind of fun! YAY!!! 4- Christmas is in 6 days! YAY!!! 5- We had crockpot Chicken and Dumplings for lunch today and they were amazing! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment