Thursday, February 9, 2012

Diaper Lotion Potion

Dear Life,

After visiting my South Dakota bestie/former awesomest roommate of all time/cloth diapering guru friend this week, I do believe I drove the hour home with a smile on my face. You know how you just have those friends in life that really "get you?" She gets me. We had a texting conversation once I got home that went something like:
R: I'm sorry I talked about myself the whole time. I feel like I didn't get to hear enough about you.
M: Are you kidding?? I was just thinking the same thing. We must be very used to being doormats, because we don't know what to do when someone actually asks us about ourselves and listens!
Yup. She is wonderful. And her son is going to marry Emberly. When we asked him if he'd give baby Emberly a kiss, he just leaned over and gave her a smack right on the lips. It was pretty adorable. Of course we didn't quite capture that particular kiss on camera... but here is another sweet one of Dayton giving Emberly some love and sharing his kittie with her. What a little gentleman.




ANYWAY... I ordered some kissaluvs cloth wipes a few weeks ago and have used them as washcloths since they've arrived. Not as wipes. I'm not really sure why, but they scare me. I know what to do with cloth diapers... but cloth wipes? Intimidating.
But I left my cloth dipering bestie's house with a renewed enthusiasm for making wipes. She makes her own with paper towels and Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion potion. It smells heavenly. And I did the math today. Big money saver. You know how much I love a deal.
So I ordered me some Diaper Lotion Potion today, bought a pack of paper towels, and am ready to make a batch when it comes. No more Pampers for me. The homemade paper towel little buddies are for the "messy" diapers. That way they can just make their way into the garbage never to be seen again. Still cheaper than Pampers, still just as easy. I will attempt to use the cloth wipes also, just for the average diaper change. Use it once, toss it in the diaper pail with the wet diapers, wash them right up, and use them again.
Hmm. I might be convincing myself this will work...
I will let you know.
Thank goodness Sweet Bottoms Baby Boutique is speedy in their deliveries because I want to experiment!
Yours Truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment