Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow Day

We didn't leave the house all day long and it was quite possibly the most glorious day ever.

My mom came over and played with Emberly a little bit which motivated me to clean since my hands were child free for a few moments.

I did 6 loads of laundry... washed, dryed, folded, and put away.

I vacuumed every square inch of the upstairs of our house.

I mopped the kitchen and dining room and living room... for I believe the first time since Emberly was born.

I made the bed. (This may seem small... but it maybe gets done 20% of the time...)

I cooked lunch and did all of the dishes and wiped down the kitchen... including the sad looking cupboards spattered with food.

I fed Emberly. Solids twice as well.

I showered and got ready for the day... even though I didn't have to leave the house. Woot!

I learned how to use my new bread machine... which gave off the most wonderful aroma of baking bread all afternoon.

I picked up and put away toys, toys, clothes, shoes, toys, and more toys.

I washed diapers and stuffed and put away the load from yesterday.

I changed many diapers.

I played battle-of-the-wills with Emberly at naptime twice today. I won, but it was not easy.

I gave Emberly a bath.

I took out the trash.

I got down on my hands and knees and kept my sweet child company while she worked through tummy-time.

I had many conversations with sweet E and fast-talked my way out of several almost crying sessions.

I loved and cuddled and rocked and played with and entertained and supplied tools for entertainment while doing all of the above.

And then I tucked my sweet dumpling into bed at 6:45 because she fell asleep while I was feeding her carrots tonight. We had a big day.

But a wonerful day.

And now this mama is tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment