Thursday, February 23, 2012

It only took 6 months...

Dear Life,

It only took (almost) six months, but today Emberly had THREE naps, two of which were in her very own crib, without crying sessions, lasting 45 minutes, an hour, and 30 minutes. This, my dear friends, is a breakthrough.

What is the magical trick you may wonder? Well... my sweet dumpling is not a cry-it-out kind of baby. We've tried. Only to have her cry and cry and cry and cry and get louder and louder and more mad and more mad. Trust me. Some people say you gotta hit that point and eventually she'll wear down. Nope. It never happened. Plus it killed me a little.

BUT my oh-so-wonderful Mr. Wonderful discovered that when you lay her down and she starts to fuss, you just bounce her crib mattress with your hand a little and she just melts off to sleep. (Remember my addicted to movement-sleep in the bouncy seat for the first several months of her life baby??) Yup, she starts to wake up and you just do a little sneaky-sneak into the room, bounce that crib mattress a tiny bit more and off to sleep she goes. (Hopefully) no more long crying sessions because I'm trying to rub her little tummy or forehead or back or rock her or feed her or whatever. Those things just weren't the ticket. This is the ticket.

At least for today.

Tomorrow will probably be different.

And if it isn't, it will no doubt not work for the next child.

BUT... I will try it much earlier just in case.

Yours Truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment