Monday, January 28, 2013

Mama love

I seriously love being a mom and a wife. And this is how I know...

Every day on my drive home from work I feel this little anxious excitement like a kid waking up on their birthday or that feeling you get when you're going to see a friend you haven't seen in ages. And I'm literally that excited to get home and see my two. I crave that little voice that shouts "mama!" when she hears the door open and runs over to show me what she's been up to.

It is truly the best thing in the whole wide world.

Today Jordan and Em were out and about when I got home from work and it was weird. So weird. I walked in the house and sat down on my couch and ate my lunch uninterrupted and listened to the music I wanted to listen to... and I couldn't even really remember what life was like pre-Emberly when I did this every day.

And sometimes I think I miss that "independence." But then I have days like today and I realize I don't miss it at all. It is oddly empty. I wouldn't trade this life I live now for the world. And I think of my friends who are worried about trading in their independence, much like I was, and I realize that you have to experience something like this to believe it. It is heaven on earth.





1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Sitting here cuddling with Frey before bed every night brings joy I never imagined. Hope Em feels better soon. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete