Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Teething

Emberly suddenly stopped sleeping through the night... and as much as I really shouldn't complain, I did.  Because getting up 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night to a crabby 17 month old who is convinced that the only thing in the whole wide world that will solve her problems are a "nack" and some "bah-bah" (snack and water) is really not fun.  But then I'd get the crackers out and she'd throw them on the floor and cry and cry.  And she wanted to cuddle except really she was just trying to crawl out of her own skin...

And I just couldn't figure it out. 

And then, in my brilliance, I noticed a tooth popping through her sweet little gums.  Why did I not think to look?  It is a danger zone in her mouth... if I stick a finger in there to check, I will get a sharp little chomp.  So I don't.  But this little pokey tooth was quite obvious. 

No wonder she wanted to crawl out of her own skin.  And no wonder she thought she needed a snack.  Her little gums were itchy and she needed to chew on something. 

So last night we went straight for the tylenol at bedtime, and my sweet little one slept through the whole night.  Praise the Lord.  Seriously.  Because that little one of mine needed a good night of sleep.  She was getting crabby.  And I did too.

Now we just pray this tooth/teeth come in quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment