Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend

Thursday after I got done teaching we drove to Bismarck to spend Easter weekend with Jordan's parents. I have the best in-laws ever {and I'm not just saying that because they might be reading this!}. Hehe. Our weekend was lovely and relaxing and we called it "vacation" because it felt like one.

Unfortunately our vacation ended rather abruptly in the wee hours of Easter morning with a non-stop coughing baby and non-sleeping everyone. It was a little harsh. We tried church this morning, but without the option of using the nursery thanks to Em's constant cough and runny nose, we didn't have a super peaceful church service. Jordan and I actually ended up just getting up and leaving after the music.

We got back to the Wobbema's, packed up, and ate a lovely lunch... at least it was mostly lovely until Em coughed so hard she puked... Oops. So we quickly ended our lunch, loaded up, and drove home.

Em slept most of the way and was in better spirits, so we stopped at my parent's house upon getting back into town and had the Easter egg hunt we never quite got around to this morning and ate dinner with them.

When we finally got home we drove up to our yard to find water balloons decorating our yard as Easter eggs. I'm very sure some of my favorite lake neighbors (one of which I call "the Water Balloon King") are involved... as this has happened once or twice before while I was growing up. Happy memories!

We finally tucked our sweet child into her bed, and she passed out immediately. We are praying for a more restful night.

It was a big weekend... and here it is, 8:05pm, and Jordan and I are both tucked into bed.

Want to see pictures from the weekend?















It would be easy to think that Easter is all about the cute Easter dresses and egg hunt and candy and family and "stuff," but I hope you see how much bigger it is than that. And by "it," I mean JESUS. Because Jesus IS Easter. He came for you and for me and died as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. The tomb is empty and He is Risen! It's not just a catchy Eastery thing. It's the whole reason we can have life. Thank you, Jesus!
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment