Saturday, March 2, 2013

Funny Child

Papa Juice and Emberly have this special connection. I mean, why wouldn't they? Papa doesn't have to say no to anything. He doesn't make her get her diaper changed, put her to bed, or eat her vegetables. Plus he feeds her ice cream when I'm not around.

Well they like to tease each other a lot, so every time Papa does something silly Em says "papaaaaa" in this low growl voice that is beyond silly. And then he copies her tone and says "Emmyyyy." You just have to hear it to know.


Anywho. Tonight from her crib when she is supposed to be sleeping I suddenly hear "papaaaaa" in this little growl about 10 times in a row and a little giggle.

And then she proceeds to list off everyone she knows, because we name all the people who are sleeping at night, and then all the people that love her. So after I hear "papaaaa" I hear...

Mama. Go go. (Grandma Margo)
Mama. Eeciee. (Grandma Tracie)
Papaaaaa. Ooice. (Grandpa Juice)
Papa. Nack. (Grandpa Mike)
Hadweeee (Cousin Hadley)
Aaaniene (Cousin Adrienne)
Haaa-poo (Friend Harper)
Maw-mee (mommy)
Da-da (daddy)
Nack (maybe grandpa mike again, or maybe uncle mike)
...

And there were more but they trailed off in a quieter voice.

She's funny. I think I'll keep her around.


Molly

2 comments:

  1. Molly, I love reading your stories! Congratulations on expecting baby #2! Looks like life is great :)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam! :) I just found your blog as well and am excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete