Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Muffins. Delicious, tasty, muffins.

I am not a health-nut crazy of any sort... but I do like to look for healthier options to the current things that we consume/do in our home.  Things that are manageable.  Similar to what we are currently doing, but a step above.  Things that won't break the bank or make me crazy in the process.  Moderate things.  Nothing too extreme. 

So I found a delicious chocolate muffin recipe with no flour, no sugar, no oil, no butter, and just a few egg whites.  What is in this delicious morsel you wonder?  Unsweetened applesauce (of which I made and canned this summer... so it is 100% legit), plain greek non-fat yogurt, egg whites, a little stevia, unsweetened cocoa, and old fashioned oats.  (Along with a couple of other random baking ingredients... but these are the big ones.)  They do not even taste healthy.  Trust me.  And then repeat: 58 calories.  58 calories.  58 calories!

Check out this deliciousness...

 
Does it make you drool?  Because there is currently one sitting in front of me that is making me drool.  Why haven't I eaten it yet?  Well... I'm trying to be moderate, remember???  It's only 7:30am and I have already had one.  I need to save the other one for at least 9:00 between seeing students.  It's going to be hard.

So that's my story.  I hope you liked it.

Molly

P.S. Here is the link for the recipe (so I don't lose it) AND in case I've made you curious...
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/06/low-calorie-triple-chocolate-chunk.html 


Oh... and here is my sweet little helper.  If you don't have one of these, I'd recommend getting one too.  The sweet little one pictured below is already taken (unfortunately for you), but you could probably find a similar alternative of your own if you looked hard enough.  Or I could probably loan you mine for an hour or two.  Maybe. 

Emberly carefully and strategically placed each muffin liner in my muffin tins for the entirety of the time it took me to mix up the muffins.  She would finish and say, "more?  more?  more?  hep?  mama?" until I would take them out for her and she'd do it again.  Yup.  She's pretty awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment