Friday, June 7, 2013

Long.Lovely.Day.

Today was one of those crazy good days.

Jordan treated me to a sleep-in day while he scooped Em up and took her out to run errands. I got to read my bible (in bed!) and get up gradually and eat breakfast uninterrupted and shower leisurely and do a little picking up and putting away. Plus he came home with a perfect, cozy rocking chair for baby's room... one of the last finishing touches we needed to feel "ready" for this baby.

Then my dear friend, Heather, and her three kiddos came and visited (from far away Minneapolis land). Em thought they were here just for her and played hard while Heather and I got to have a lovely conversation.

And only 10 or so minutes after they had to depart, my sweet sister-in-law and her husband stopped over on their drive through Fargo, and we got to see them one last time before they move to Kentucky.

And THEN, my dad came over for a birthday supper celebration (his 60th!) right as Taryn and Ben were leaving.

Phew!

So at 7:30 when dad and Jordan decided to make a quick trip to Costco, I put Emberly in a quick bath and tucked her in (all kinds of over exhausted from the day's activities). And now I am just chilling in my new rocking chair in baby's room, listening to Em decompress for the day and thinking about the new crazy that is right around the corner with baby #2 on the way.

So glad we get to do life with all of these lovely people. And so thankful they don't mind joining in our messiness.

And now, at 9:00pm, I am all kinds of tired and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment