Monday, June 10, 2013

Once upon a time...

Last week my great grandma turned 94. Do you have a 94 year old great grandma? Didn't think so. I'm pretty sure that makes me cooler than school.

So we went to Hatton to visit her and see my grandma and grandpa too. It had been waaaaay too long since I'd been there. Over a year probably. And that is just very bad. We had an all around awesome day, and Emberly had a blast.

We started with visiting Grandma Clara in the nursing home. (The nursing home has birds in it, and that pretty much made the trip awesome for Emberly... but then it got even better...)

Then we went to grandma and grandpa's for lunch. Grandpa grilled delicious burgers. I ate one and a half because they were so tasty. And that is impressive considering there is zero room for food in my belly these days.

And then we went to the park (in their backyard) and hit the swings (or "wheeeees!" as Emberly calls them).

And then we went to the Rockin' R Ranch where I spent just about every other weekend of my entire childhood and got to see the horsies. Emberly got to "pat their noses" and feed them a snack (of grass) right out of her hands.

Small child heaven.

And pretty heavenly for me too. :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment