Monday, August 26, 2013

Big Girl Bed





Dear Life,

On Saturday night we pulled down Miss E's crib and plunked her into a big girl bed.

She hardly noticed. She gave a nice little "woooow!" when we excitedly showed her the bed, but I think it was just because we were talking all excited like.

And then at bedtime we just put her in it and 10 minutes of quietly singing herself "twinkle twinkle" later, she was asleep. She slept 12 hours without waking and then called for me to come get her in the morning.

It was slightly unbelievable.

I had talked myself into believing it was going to be awful. Jordan and I had this big game plan about what we'd do when she got out of bed, how we'd handle it, what we'd say, and so forth. And she didn't try even once.

And now my baby is sleeping in a big girl bed. It is a little bittersweet.

This week she turns TWO. Two. As in two YEARS old. I told Jordan that I should get the presents. After all, I did labor 12 hours to help her enter this world. Except the funny thing is I love her so much that it is pure joy to watch her enjoy life and be showered with fun. So we are going to the splash pad with just four friends. And maybe eating some cake.

Sigh. A two year old. She's pretty special. Now go ahead and pray with me that potty training is as simple as the big girl bed transition. Stay tuned... that's next on our list...

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment