Monday, September 23, 2013

Doctor, Flu, and Library all in one day

Dear Life,

Piper had her two-month appointment today. At two and a half months old she weighs 12 lbs on the nose (50th percentile) and is 21 and 3/4 inches long (15th percentile). The doctor questioned how accurate the height measurement was... but whatever.

Piper handled her shots like a trooper, but has been extra fussy all day. I'm praying she'll sleep long and hard tonight.

It was kind of an exhausting day. Jordan started working nights last night. Came home, slept most of the day, and then woke up with the flu. A really un-fun case of the flu.

So we tried to avoid being home as much as possible. We spent a lot of time at grandma and grandpa's house and took our first trip to the downtown library.











It was almost magical. I've been waiting to share the library with Emberly since she was teeny tiny. And today she went to the wiggle room and played with all of the toys and then we picked out a few books to check out. Made my mama heart so so very happy to see her enjoy it and bury herself in her new books on the way home.

It was nice in the midst of the rest of the chaos of the day.

And now I am chilling on the air mattress in the middle of the living room so I don't catch whatever Jordan has. I think I'll call this camping. Air conditioning. No bugs. I'll take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment