Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lil' update...

I feel like life is happening so fast.  Suddenly I have a two-month old and a two-year old and I feel like I only just blinked.  Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, you've heard it all before.  But some days I feel a little panicked, like I haven't had enough time to just sit and enjoy my children.  (Which seems utterly ridiculous, considering I spend every waking moment with them all.day.long.every.day.) 

Anywho - I started a post on my now sweet two-year old last week and never finished it.  I just want to bottle EMBERLY: AGE 2 up and save it nice and neatly in my memory forever and I can't seem to capture all that is Emberly on paper.  That post needs a little more work.  But she's just as vibrant and life like as always.  Tonight we went for a walk while Grandma Tracie held Piper, and we just had fun.  We ran and we walked backwards and we picked up rocks and we found letters of the alphabet in signs and noticed all of the grasshoppers and held hands.  It was perfect. 

And then after sweet Emberly went to bed, Piper came to life and cooed and talked and babbled at me and was just very sweetly content and happy, which unfortunately isn't her normal when she's awake.  We went to the chiropractor last week to see if that might help her seemingly constant tummy ache.  Although we haven't noticed any change yet, we hope we will soon. 

BIG news in our house though, is that that Miss Piper Elizabeth, who will be two months old in two very short days, slept 8 hours through the night on Thursday night, 8 hours through the night on Friday night, and NINE glorious hours through the night last night.  GLORY BE!  I am just barely holding my breath that this will be the new trend.  I was so excited.  Now I just need to figure out how to get myself to sleep all of those hours and not be worried that she is not breathing.  For real.

 
OK - I think that's all for now.  I must find some sleep quickly.  Tomorrow I have a giant load of laundry to tackle and lots of loving to give to my three honeys. 





No comments:

Post a Comment