Monday, September 9, 2013

Stroganoff

I make stroganoff once every two or three weeks and have yet to get Emberly to like it. Or try it for that matter.

But tonight I attempted once again. I may or may not have turned on "Caillou" while I was finishing up dinner as fast as I possibly could and once it was over scooped Emberly up and excitedly told her it was time to eat and boy oh boy was she lucky because we were having stroganoff!

She didn't buy it. In fact, she threw a nice little tantrum shouting "no hungeeee."

But I put her in the high chair and gave her her plate with stroganoff, blueberries, tomatoes and cucumbers. And then gave her this little sob story about how I had worked so hard on dinner and how nice it would be if she tried just one bite of her pasta.

And she did.

And then she looked at me with giant big eyes and I almost thought she was going to spit it out. But she swallowed it.

So I asked her what she thought of stroganoff. Her response?

"Amaaaaazing!"

"Amazing, Emmy? You liked it?"

"Yeah mommy! Soooo tasty!"

And if that doesn't make you feel good about your pretty average dinner, I don't know what would.

And then she ate 3 more helpings and all of her blueberries, cucumbers, and tomatoes.

Bam.




No comments:

Post a Comment