Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pear Juice

Dear Life,

I. Am. So. Tired.

So. Tired.

I'll admit - I'm a total wimp. Today was my first day working for WFPS to help with benchmark testing and it wore.me.out. I am not used to getting up at 6:00am (and staying up for the day)... or being away from Emberly and worrying about her (although I am SUPER thankful she was with Jordan because that took so much of my worry away)... or coming home and only wanting to cuddle and talk to Emberly and give her all the loving of the day that I'd missed out on, but feeling so very torn because I needed to make dinner and do laundry and all that jazz *which I opted to save for once she was asleep, for the record.* I do not know how you 'work outside the home' mamas do it.

ANYWHO... Emberly did not take a bottle today. Nope. She continued her flat out refusal. I'm not really surprised... but boy did it bum me out. I was really hoping that if I wasn't around she would just gulp it down. No such luck. Jordan put up with several screaming sessions (he told me it wasn't that bad, but I'm not really sure I believe him. Bless his heart, I think he's trying to hold me together) and ended up driving her to the school so I could feed her on my lunch break. Next week is going to be a long week if we do that every day. Just saying.

She's wimpering in her sleep right now and I have this awful mom-guilt thing going on that makes me wonder if she's having nightmares about me not feeding her all morning. Yes, I just went there. Oh boy.

Pear Juice experiment...
Anyway... in happier news: Emberly pooped today! It had been 5 days. FIVE. That is a long time for a baby to not poop. Especially my very regular *at least once a day* pooper. If you told me 4 months ago I'd be rejoicing over pooping, I wouldn't have believed you. Yesterday I tried giving her pear juice to see if that would help her along... and she liked that just about as much as she likes a bottle of breastmilk (oh I wish you could have seen the faces she made at me!). But she did get a little in her tummy. Maybe that helped. Maybe it didn't.

I'm a little worried as I re-read this that I am not making any sense at all... but maybe that makes my tired-ness seem more real. Haha.

Well... my diapers are just about ready to hang to dry and then I am quickly tucking myself into bed. Those fluffy diapers were the only thing preventing me from crashing the minute Emberly went to sleep, which happened to be at 7:45 tonight. (That and my ego that whispers, "Molly, don't be so lame.")

Goodnight!

Yours Truly,
Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment