Monday, March 19, 2012

Mustache March

Last year when I was teaching first grade, I'd often have my firsties tell me their highs and lows at the end of the day. There were 23 little personalities to listen to and we had to squeeze it into the last few minutes of the day and so sometimes I maybe was just a teensy tiny bit annoyed (gasp!) when my firsties wanted to tell me their 43 highs and 7 lows. Looking back though, how wonderful that those little precious personalities had such a sunshine-y outlook? :) Anywho... we had a pretty peachy day today, so I have several "highs."

1. Mr. Wonderful hung up a retractable clothesline for me today! I know this is super nerdy, but I am beyond excited to whip my clothes out of the washing machine and head straight outside to hang them up and bring them in smelling all summery fresh. {I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that 99.9% of the reason I wanted the clothesline was to hang my diapers outside! Check out those beauties!}


2. I got to hang out with this cute face all day. How awesome is that expression?? The one that says, "Mom, it is kinda breezy out here, are you sure I can breathe in this wind??"


3. E and I took a walk to the grocery store to get a few staples this morning in attempt to be healthy and get a little exercise. While at the grocery store I bought a bag of mini snickers, starburst jellybeans (because they are the best), and pita chips and hummus which I have been snacking on all day. Um...

4. We had our first picnic on the deck! I used my bread machine to make pizza dough this afternoon and we had a fancy shmansy pepperoni pizza for dinner (again, trying to be healthy and all grown up...).


(Jordan is thrilled I'm taking this picture, can't you tell??)

AND... my only low for the day...
Look very closely at the picture above.
Mustache March. I loathe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment