Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Day-to-Day

Dear Life,

I seriously think Emberly grows every time I turn around. Seriously.

We took her 6-month pictures seven-ish days ago and she could not sit up by herself. The past two days, she is deeply insulted if we try to lay her on her back because all she wants to do is sit up like a big girl. And she is good at it. I mean, really really good at it. We put pillows or the boppy around her just in case she gets a little too confident and tries to look behind her or up at us or something too fast. Cuz that's a little bit of trouble. But overall.. she just sits. All.by.herself. Look how proud she is...

She's still not rolling over though. Skipped that step. I'm pretty sure we're onto crawling next.

Grandma bought Emberly a sitting up bathtub for Valentine's day and we tried it out tonight now that she's so good at sitting up. E thought it was awesome. She probably inhaled a little too much water from that spongy ducky tonight... ... oh well.


And don't you just love this?? I cannot get enough of this mushy sleepy cozy baby stuff. Ugh. Her daddy can't either, which is why she is sleeping in his arms here instead of in her crib. Every once in awhile, you just need a good cuddle, right?? (Speaking of sleep... we are down to mostly 3-5 minute crying sessions before naptime and then she puts herself to sleep! Love, love, love. The naps are still rather short at 30ish minutes, but she's taken two or three almost 2-hour afternoon naps, so I think we're heading in the right direction!!)


Ok this picture is a little... um well... gross. But I just think it is beyond funny. We went to my friend Laura's 31 Gifts party, and I stuck Emberly in their bumbo while I was looking at the bags, not realizing that she could reach the things around her. The next time I looked up, she was chewing on this toy rat's tail. She was so content... I couldn't take it away from her!


Yup. So that is our past week-ish recaptured.

Oh - and Miss E cut another tooth through yesterday! Yippee! Good sleep may be coming our way...


Yours Truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment