Tuesday, May 15, 2012

8 Months

Dear Life,

So... I'm running a little later with the month updates as each month passes. Fitting, I think... because I think that might be true of every area of my life as E starts to be a bit more of a mover and a shaker. Right now she is sitting next to me on the floor, ripping a piece of paper that I hadn't noticed had fallen to the floor. Hmmm... hope that wasn't important!

Suddenly my sweet, "happy to sit" baby is into everything. I put her on the carpet in the living room and immediately she flops down to her belly and "crawls" to the piano where she likes to play with all the cords underneath. I pull her out from under the piano, and she makes a straight line to the pole lamp in the other corner. I move her again and she's emptying the shoe bins by the front door. Her crawl has morphed from a wiggle with her arms doing all of the work to actually using her legs a little bit too... which means she's only getting faster! :)

Her hair sticks straight up and is the #1 comment we get from strangers or well-intending friends. It doesn't bother me at all... I kinda like the crazy hair. Someone said to her last week, "Who plugged that little girl in??" Ha.

In the last week or so, every time I go in to get her in the morning she is sitting up. This is a new development. Also a slightly frustrating one because unless she is super sleepy at nap time, we have a battle of the wills and she sits up, and I lay her down, and she sits up, and I lay her down. It's quite interesting.

She wants to pull herself up onto everything but isn't coordinated enough to actually stand there yet. We're learning. (Parents included.)

Those are the big things! (And now I'm off to catch a cruising baby... chewing on yet another cord...)

Sincerely Yours,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment