Monday, November 21, 2011

Busy Weekend

Dear Life,

What a whirlwind of a weekend! In short... (read this really fast without taking a breath and you will capture the feeling I am trying to portray with my really long run-on sentence) we left Friday at about 11:00 for Bismarck, stopped in Jamestown to visit my grandma, got to Bismarck about 3:00, celebrated Jordan's dad's career in the military and went to his retirement ceremony on Saturday, left Bismarck on Saturday about 5:00, got home and unpacked and cleaned and threw food in the crock pot for Emberly's dedication at church on Sunday, went to bed around midnight, got up the next morning to start the crock pots at 6:00, left for church at 10:30, got home about 1:00 and had friends and family (20 people, mind you) at our house until about 3:00 when Jordan had to leave for work! Whew! (Could you read it without taking a breath?)

All in all it was a fantastic weekend. I forgot my camera when we went to Bismarck, but here is a picture of the dedication. Do I look especially awkward holding Emberly like that? I thought so... but she just really likes to be held looking out these days, and I wasn't going to mess with her while we were standing up in front of everyone.


Today was sleep-in day to recover, but Emberly missed the memo so she got up slightly earlier than her usual (which was still 8:00, so I can't really complain). She is now taking an afternoon nap, which I should totally be cashing in on, but instead am making lunch and writing this blog because well... I'm hungry and I felt like I needed to document our weekend.

Ok time to go finish cooking my grilled cheese, tomato soup, and chicken stuffing. Yes, that is what I am eating for lunch. Please don't judge. Doesn't stuffing sound delicious? (I do realize that I will get stuffing for our Thanksgiving meal later in the week... but that box in my pantry has been staring at me for over a week and I just had to give in and make it today. If I'm feeling any sort of self control at all, I will not eat the whole box... I hope.)

Happy Monday!

Yours Truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment