Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Milestone

Dear Life,

You will never believe this. Well... this first part you'll believe... but give me a minute and we'll get to the good stuff. My parents (Grandma Go-Go and Grandpa Juice) oh-so-kindly took Emberly for a few hours tonight so Jordan and I could go out for dinner and shop for shoes. (Did you know that your feet grow when you are pregnant? At least mine did. None... I repeat none of my shoes fit anymore. At first I just thought my toenails were too long, but then I tried to trim them and my shoes were still too small. Guess this is a regualar pregnancy 'weirdy.') Anyway... we had a glorious time (even though we didn't find any shoes. I just had to love them, you know? We are on a budget these days, and if I didn't just love them, they had to stay at the store. Maybe we'll try again later in the week.) My goodness I have a lot of tangents tonight! Back on track: So... the best part (this is the part you won't believe) is that my oh-so-sweet daughter took 3 ounces of breastmilk out of a bottle while at Grandpa and Grandma's tonight! It was her very first bottle. I was a little worried that she would be terribly offended at the thought of a bottle, but as Grandma tells it, she took it like a champ. A champ! She said she put the bottle in her mouth and Emberly just started drinking like, "I do this all the time Grandma, don't even worry about it." She drank the whole thing down without even stopping. My husband is a little worried this means he'll have to get up in the middle of the night. I can just see it in his eyes. (Don't worry, Daddy-o, pumping is just not that much fun.)

I am just continually amazed at how flexible this girl is. (Way more flexible than her mama!) Good girl Emberly!


Yours Truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment