Thursday, December 27, 2012

Good Morning

This morning Jordan tiptoed out of our bedroom and snuck into the kitchen (before I even woke up) to make me scrambled eggs and a piece of toast. This is the pretty much the greatest gift of all time, because it means I don't have to puke in the morning from an empty stomach. Love love love.

Then, while eating my eggs, raspberries, clementine, and toast, my sweet Emberly woke up and Jordan scooped her up, fed her breakfast, dressed her, and they bolted out the door to run some errands together, leaving me to just have a morning. :)

I laid in bed for awhile and then took the longest, most lovely hot shower. I read my bible and spent some much needed time with Jesus, dried my hair, found myself a bowl of Cheerios, and got back into bed where I now am officially stuck.

Can you say, "Merry Christmas to me??!" :)

And now I'm dreaming/thinking of all the things I'd like to accomplish today but probably won't... and feeling a peace about it. This bossy baby dictates how much I do these days, and I think it's a good lesson for me on resting, trusting, and not being in control.

So when my two favorites get home we are going to play toys and read books and enjoy time together as a family in our mostly messy house.

Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment