Friday, December 14, 2012

My little mother child

On Thanksgiving Day I moved Emberly's highchair to the floor so that we had enough room around the table to host our guests.  Once I moved it, Emberly was immediately drawn the the newness of the highchair on the floor and insisted on playing in it.  She got in.  She got out.  She got in.  She got out.  It was all kinds of fun to my little over one-year-old.  But then I noticed something...

Emberly went and found her teddy bear and put him in the highchair.  She found an empty bowl and a spoon and started stirring the bowl.  She blew on it a little.  She told her teddy it was hot.  She smacked her lips and started feeding her teddy, saying "mmmmm" each time she gave him a bite.  I was completely in awe of the little immagination that grew right before my eyes.  And then she took her teddy out and gave him some love and kisses and some love pats and layed him down on the floor and covered him up with her blanket telling him "nigh-nigh."  And then she put him back in the chair and fed him again. 

My little mother child.  She goes through the routine now every day.  She feeds her teddy and her baby.  She burps them.  She puts them to bed.  She changes their diaper.  She blows on their food when it's hot.  And then she does it all over again.  It's incredible to watch.  I seriously just cannot get enough of it.

I think she'll be a great big sister.





No comments:

Post a Comment