Thursday, May 2, 2013

Moving moving moving

We did it.  We closed on our new house yesterday and pretty much killed ourselves to get as much moved in one day as we possibly could.  Why did we do this?  Good question.  We have until the 23rd of May to be out of our current house.  I think we're crazy.

BUT.  We slept in our new house last night and I must admit, it was pretty comfy cozy.  Minus the fact that someone dropped the ball somewhere and forgot to flush out our water-lines before we moved in, therefore our water has a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad sulfur smell.  Not just a "pregnant nose" bad either.  It's really bad.  When we called we were told to run as much water out our hoses in the back as possible and it would go away.  It hasn't gone away.  So they are coming to check on it today.  I would like a shower.  Yes. Please.

Other than that, I've just been oogling over our new appliances that were delivered yesterday.  It seems awfully shallow to oogle over things like refrigerators and microwaves.  But I totally am.  They are kinda beautiful.

Oh and snuggling that sweet bambino of ours.  It was a stressful day yesterday, but she handled it just swimmingly. (Minus the extra tantrums and the fact that she couldn't handle a "no" answer like she usually does.)  But she slept all night long in her cozy crib and it was a beautiful thing.

Sigh.  And now I am furiously typing away on my prep at work... instead of "prepping" for the week like I probably should be.  But I just can't keep my mind away from home sweet home. 

We wouldn't have survived yesterday without the help of some fantastic friends who not only watched Emberly while we were signing papers, but who also helped move a giant trailer of stuff.  And my parents, who came back from the lake yesterday and helped with Em and moving stuff and organizing the millions of boxes of things in the kitchen and so forth.  And today some of Jordan's coworkers are coming to help with the big heavy things like the washer, dryer, freezer, couches, etc.  It really "takes a village" - if you don't mind my cheesiness.  SO thankful for everyone that has stepped up to help.

That's all!  Time to see kiddos.     

No comments:

Post a Comment