Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My cynical heart

I'm feeling all cynical today... my heart needs an adjustment. So here are some things I love/am feeling thankful for:

- Emberly drinking freshly juiced vegetables (like kale, cucumbers, and all sorts of other things she'd never actually eat)

- Mamas who come over early in the morning to watch Em so I can get to work on time while my husband is out of town.

- Comp. days that allow me to be at home.

- Packages delivered to my front door so I don't have to shop.

- A best friend who sends a sweet, thoughtful, amazing cookbook gift for my birthday.

- Coupons

- Big hugs from tiny people.

- Mini M&Ms, that serve as the perfect bribe/reward for good behavior and help to save my sanity.

- Trail mix with salty raisins. My newest pregnancy addiction.

- A child singing happily in her crib.

- Cool weather when the air conditioning hasn't been installed yet.

- Toothpicks for my child who is a picky eater, but will try just about anything she can poke with a toothpick.

- Lunch boxes and the discovery that E will eat a peanut butter sandwich if it is creatively presented.

- Cake sprinkles. Because again, with the right decorations, E will try just about anything.

- Cardboard. Makes for hours of fun in the form of a tent.

- Being able to watch Em's imagination blossom right before my eyes.

- Living by a school so Em can watch the school busses bring kids home each day, one of the highlights of her day.




No comments:

Post a Comment