Tuesday, May 7, 2013

School

Have I mentioned that I resigned from my job a few weeks ago?  I guess that news kind of fell by the wayside in the midst of all of the other chaos.  Although it sure wasn't a small decision.  It felt scary and like a huge deal. 

But now it just feels right.  By God's grace it feels absolutely right. 

I won't go into all of the details, but there were several deciding factors:

1. Jordan was accepted into flight school.  If the NDANG gets actual aircraft again, we will be moving away from sweet Fargo for about 2 years.  If the NDANG does not get aircraft, he will still attend a shortened version of flight school to be able to fly UAVs, which will take us away for a year-ish.  This may seem confusing considering we just moved into a new house.  It is.  But don't worry - we have considered that.  :)  Either way, he will be gone for trainings 6 weeks here and there and so forth, and that means that it just does not make sense for me to be working half-time.  Especially because he is rockstar-daddy-daycare while I'm at work.

2. We are having a baby in July.  I wanted to take a year of maternity leave like I was able to do with Emberly.  It was sweet and perfect and an absolute luxury. 

3.  I love being an at-home mama.  I feel torn each and every day that I am waking up early to get to work and then coming home feeling behind - like I've missed important things at home each day.  I hate that I don't want to plan things in the afternoon and evenings with people I truly care about because I feel like that is my time with Jordan and Emberly.  I hate feeling like I am compromising on things I truly care about because I don't have the time or energy. 

And there are other things too... but I promised I wouldn't go into detail, and I already have.  :) 

So now you know. 

But speaking of school... today is my last day of seeing my students.  The rest of the week we benchmark every student in the entire school.  Every.single.student. 

Then the last two weeks of school are filled with paperwork, makeup tests, meetings, paperwork, and more paperwork.  Yikes!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment