Monday, August 1, 2011

2nd Anniversary

Dear Life,

Today marks our 2nd anniversary. Someone told me that they were only going to celebrate their anniversaries on the big years (1st, 5th, 10th, 20th, etc.), but we think that’s lame. Life is meant to be celebrated. So, last year we went to Duluth to the A.G. Thompson House Bed & Breakfast, and this year we are near Itasca State Park in Minnesota at the Loonsong Bed & Breakfast. Maybe we’ll have a Bed & Breakfast tradition. Maybe not. But I know that we’ll count each year as a blessing from the One who created the idea of marriage, our Lord and Savior. Pretty neat isn’t it, that marriage was God’s idea? His design? I think so.

A lot has changed in two years. When we were standing at the altar saying “I do,” I’m not sure anyone could have prepared me for what marriage would be like. I thought I was as madly in love as possible, but I’m so thankful that I wasn’t even close. Now I’m realizing that my love and respect and admiration for Jordan has grown each day, and I think that’s pretty neat. I can’t imagine doing life with anyone else.

Today we spent the day hanging out at the Bed & Breakfast, doing some fishing, some napping, and grilling some lunch. Then we went on a little adventure and found some mini-golf, watched some kids in bumper boats, did a little window shopping, and ended up in Dorset, MN where we biked a short few miles along the Heartland Trail and ate a delicious Mexican dinner. On our way home, we sang made-up songs in the car (don’t tell Jordan I told you) and laughed so hard that we thought we’d wet our pants. (That was maybe just my feeling… as the baby in my belly makes “holding it” a little trickier than it used to be, if you know what I mean.) When we got back to the B&B, I opted for a bubble bath, and Jordan opted for some fishing off the dock. All around, it was pretty much the best day ever.

So, am I a marriage advocate? Yes, I think I can safely say that marriage is lovely. Beyond lovely, in fact. It was a little bit scary jumping in, but now that I’m fully submerged, I can say that God knew what He was doing when he invented marriage. And next… we get to embark on the journey of raising children. Well… raising a child at least. :) Baby “Lovey” is due to arrive in approximately 28 days. Can you believe it?? I can’t, but I am SO excited. I’m mostly selfishly excited right now, because I feel huge and I can’t sleep more than 45 minutes without needing to go to the bathroom, and I am pretty sure that my legs are textbook “restless leg syndrome.” But those things are small, and I know there will be new challenges once baby arrives. But STILL… I will get the satisfaction of holding Baby Lovey in my arms and loving her and cuddling her and rocking her. Yes, life will be drastically different, but different isn’t bad, it’s just different.

So Life, that’s about it for now. I’ll try to keep you updated as things change and well… life happens.

Yours Truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment