Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14

Dear Life,

The diapers came! This was kind of a highlight of my whole week, not gonna lie. I pretty much (im)patiently waited for the UPS guy to deliver the box all day on Friday. He finally came at about 5:30pm, at which time I opened the box immediately to ooh and aah over the cute colored cloth diapers. I knew I needed to wash them before I could use them, so I immediately started looking for washing instructions. They did not come with any, so I found advice on cloth diaper blogs and such. The only problem is that there’s a little “drama” in the cloth diaper world about using HE washers for cloth diapers because, though they are very eco-friendly, they don’t let very much water through the load to get the diapers very clean. I figured I’d see if I could troubleshoot before the diapers were actually dirty… so I promptly researched and read as much as I could, and then sat myself down on the cold concrete floor of our “laundry room”, put in the diapers and my new Rockin’ Green laundry detergent, and peered into the front of the washing machine with my flashlight to see how much water I could get to flow through it. After a little experimenting, I determined that if I did a soak cycle first, and then a regular wash, I could get quite a bit of cleanliness going on. We’ll see if it works once diapers are actually dirty… but I feel like I’m at least on the right track! After washing the diapers and inserts, I hung the covers and dried the inserts, and spent far too long stuffing them yesterday… just because they were so cute. :) I realize how spazzy this makes me sound… but come on! I am excited about my cloth diapers. You may think I’m crazy, and that’s ok. I will embrace the craziness head-on.

That’s about all that is new as far as baby concerns go. Jordan and I went for a long walk this afternoon to see if we could get baby to come early… so maybe that will work. ;) When I tell people that I am going for long walks and getting pedicures to massage the “magic pressure point” in my ankles, and eating spicy food… people naturally assume my due date has passed. Oh no, I definitely still have 2 weeks to go. Haha. But the good news is it is only two weeks! I am still enjoying life and I truly don’t feel as desperate as I may sound. Yesterday I made a pan of Special K bars (and ate a whole row), read a book in the hammock for an hour (and nearly fell asleep), did several loads of laundry (and even folded them and put them away), did some gardening and some general “tidying up.” Today I think I may make a peach pie, clean the bathrooms, and write about my LOVELY baby shower (hosted by my Bestie, Jaimie) in the baby book. Maybe if I’m feeling really ambitious I’ll clean my closet too. That’s about it for now.

Yours Truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment