Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 20

Dear Friends,

Have you ever caught yourself “reminding” God about things? I do this far more than I care to admit, or maybe even realize. Let me give you an example.

Dear Lord,
I know you haven’t forgotten… but I just thought I’d let you know that it’d be really cool if we could have this baby this weekend. I mean… almost ALL of Jordan’s family is in Fargo for the weekend. My family is conveniently around. My brother will hopefully be coming home in a few short weekends, and it’d be really great if the baby could be here by then. I know you know what’s best for this baby and all… I just thought I’d throw out the possibility… in case you’d forgotten. Yup, all things are under your control Lord.
Amen.

Uh… that’s how it is supposed to work, right?

I read a daily devotional called “Jesus Calling.” It is written as if Jesus was talking directly to you… to me. A few days ago this was part of the message I read:
Accept each day just as it comes to you. Do not waste your time or energy wishing for a different set of circumstances. Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes. Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving Presence; you are Mine.

Boy is it hard not to wish for a different set of circumstances when I have such tunnel vision. But the Lord sees the bigger picture, and that’s where faith comes in. I can trust that He knows far more than I do about this baby and what she needs. I can trust that He knows far more about me and what I need too.

On a lighter note…
A clerk made my day at Michael’s today. She asked me when I was due, and I told her August 29th (9 days!). Her response to me was, “Wow! You don’t look nearly big enough to be having a baby in nine days! Have you even gained 20 pounds?!”
I nearly leapt across the checkout counter and hugged her. This would be a good thing to say to a pregnant lady, even if you have to lie a little. Trust me, we don’t mind.

Things not to say would include, “Wow, are you having twins?!” or “You must be ready to pop!” or “You have a cute pregnant lady waddle!” or “Is it hard to find maternity clothes?!” Just a few helpful hints for you!

That is all for tonight. The countdown is 9 days, and I promise to let you know once Baby arrives. If I just so happen to call you in the next two weeks, your first question to me does not have to be, “Are you in labor?”

I promise I’d tell you that too. :)

Yours Truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment