Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 11

Dear Life,

Today I am feeling a tish on the impatient side. I really mean it… it’s only a tish, but still a tish nonetheless. I just want to meet this little baby and hold her in my arms and read her stories and rock her in the rocking chair and put all of those cute little onesies on her. I’ve washed the outfits and the crib sheets and I’ve put away the toys and I’ve written the thank-you notes and I’ve cleaned the bathrooms and I’ve even ordered the cloth diapers. The only thing left on my to-do list is to pack the hospital bag. Why does this one thing seem like the most terrifying and/or overwhelming part?
I really don’t want anyone to know that I’m feeling impatient because then I hear things like, “She’ll come when she’s ready!” and “Try not to get your hopes up!” and “Take advantage of the time you have now by going on a date or taking a nap or whatever!” but the truth of the matter is… I don’t care. I am just kind of ready to meet her.
  
So I guess I just keep on practicing patience. Today is August 11th. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning. I will most likely meet this precious baby in the next 3ish weeks. In the meantime I will just rest confident in knowing that the Lord knows everything about this baby… and about me… and about Jordan… and that he’s got it all under control. So I don’t have to.
In the meantime, here are a few pictures of Baby’s room… crib sheets washed and all! (If you look closely, you may get a hint about what letter Baby’s name starts with! We have it narrowed down to 3 names, and they all start with the letter… !)



Yours truly,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment